Saturday, November 20, 2010

Project 365-Week 47

Can I tell you how good God is? After all of these LONG days and weeks that I have had lately, a much needed respite came this week. Here's a peek and you'll find out what the respite was at the end.

Sunday

Had to work all day today, but I had promised the girls that when I got home they could do something with me. So, I came home and assumed the position for this.



I had a special pedicure waiting, just for me!

Monday

Tonight Bryce had his first middle school choir concert. One of my co-workers was gracious enough to cover the last part of my evening so I could be there.



Can you pick Bryce out? He's in the top row. He also got to come down front for the last song.



He had a solo. He did a great job and so did the rest of the kids! The director has it down to a science, having 3 concerts back to back in one evening. First the 6th graders, followed by 7th and 8th. That is a lot of singing students!

Tuesday

Bryce and I got up early this morning to head over to the middle school. All students who have a 4.0 are invited to come for an honors breakfast for making Principal's Honor Roll. Bryce also earned his letter for this accomplishment.



Way to go Bryce!!

Wednesday

While I was at work this evening, Kevin called and said that Bryce and Ethan were being picked up and taken to the men's Notre Dame basketball game. Mr. Rick, Ethan's table leader currently at church and Bryce's former leader when he was in K-3rd grade, had 2 extra tickets and wanted to take the boys. They had a great time and came home with this to add to their collection.



How blessed we are to have a man that pours into our boys, not only on Sunday mornings, but all of the time! We love you Mr. Rick!!

Thursday

Another night of music tonight. Bryce and Ethan had their fall piano recital. This was Ethan's first recital and he handled himself very well. Bryce did well also.



Here they are afterwards with Miss Michelle, the best piano teacher ever!!

Friday

Today was a glorious day!! Do you want to know why? It started a 3 day no work weekend for me. Yes, you read that correctly. Yesterday I was at work and was told, "You're not coming in tomorrow." I couldn't believe it. Some schedule jostling was done to cover me and I was told I needed to enjoy the weekend and that I had done enough for a while. Oh sweet music to my ears!!!
So today, I ran errands. Errands that needed to be run desperately. While out I saw this on the back of a van and it struck me.



While Disney would be amazing, I was having a fabulous "vacation" of my own!!

Saturday

Another day off. I stayed in my pj's all day and worked on house things that have been neglected far too long. When it was time to take Kyla to bed she said she wanted to read to me. So, I climbed in and Kevin caught this for me.



I love the way she "reads" this. She has it almost perfectly memorized and she used the best inflection. But best of all, it was bedtime and I was home!!

For all of you who have offered encouragement and prayers for me lately, thank you! God showed up so huge this week, when I needed it so badly. I am so thankful for a community of support that consists of family, friends and co-workers and for a God that is compassionate to remind me that He knows and hears. Have a wonderful week and a blessed Thanksgiving!!

7 comments:

  1. Tori, this brings tears to my eyes! He does see and He does know and He does love you like crazy!! Praying for a continued weekend full of hugs, love and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea God!!!! He knows our needs so well and I am thankful that He met yours this week!!!

    Love the pedicure!!!! such sweet girls!

    So many things in your pictures that I miss this week....Discovery music, 4.0 breakfasts, letter jackets, Michelle... :)

    And what a way to end a great week...in bed with your daughter listening to her read...perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good looking bunch of singers, especially the soloist!
    BTW, last week I went to a Crazy 8 store for the first time, in FW. I asked if a Tori worked there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brought tears to my eyes too - I'm so glad you had a good week. Very proud of Bryce for all his accomplishments! Boy, I always hated piano recitals, so I'm glad both boys did well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't put a price on 'home'. So glad for you, my friend. I know you must be so proud of your boys. The first and last pix are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He gets a letter in jr. high? That's awesome!

    Yay! for the break. See God's got your back and I'm sure it came at just the right time.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you were able to have some wonderful time with your family. Great week for music for sure...and great job to Bryce on all of his accomplishments. All day PJs day is the BEST!
    Wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete