Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tag-I'm it!

Sara at Make Music from Your Heart tagged me in a post, so I am answering her questions.

1. What are you fixing for dinner tonight? I am not fixing dinner tonight, as I will be at work. Kevin will be serving chicken, I believe.

2. What is your favorite dish at Thanksgiving? Am I limited to one?! I would say the turkey is my favorite savory thing and I LOVE cornbread, so that would be up there too!

3. What are you most thankful for right at this moment? God's refuge. In this season when I am working full time, trying to serve in ministry God has called me to and still be the mother, wife and friend that I need to be...well, I am exhausted. The feelings are sometimes overwhelming, but that is when I cling to my refuge. "He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart." Psalm 91:4

4. Do you think 50 is the new 40? I've never really thought about this one, because I haven't had to live it yet. I will say that I think the more you love and laugh, the better any age is!

5. What age do you dread the most? I don't really dread an age. It is all necessary for growth and wisdom and without any aging there would just be stagnancy and I definitely don't want that.

6. If you could have/do anything for your birthday, what would it be? If I could choose anything for a birthday I would have a two-fold wish. One, that I could be in the chorus of a Broadway show. That would be a super cool present and something just for me. If I could have something else, I would love for my family to go to Disney World together. My birthday is January 1st, so what a fun place to be together to start the new year.

7. What kind of cake do you choose for your birthday? I don't choose cake. Kevin's mom makes me a dessert called "Robert Redford". It's a crushed nut crust with pudding, cream cheese and whipped topping layers. I love it!

There you have it. My answers to Sara's questions. Here is a question I would love you to answer....

If you could plan the perfect girls night out, what would you plan?

3 comments:

  1. loved your answer to # 6!!

    Can you tell I am thinking of my birthday?

    If I were to plan the perfect girls night out it would be having all my favorite girls in one place and just having the time to sit and talk and laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answers. You have great perspective on age, my friend.

    Girls night? Hmmm... so many choices, but I have to go with what I like to call "sofa therapy." Hot beverages in hand, sock-feet propped up, lots of laughs, and rich conversation. :)

    ReplyDelete