Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Grey, or would that be gray?

I have always spelled this color....



G.R.E.Y

Now I know that others spell it G.R.A.Y. Both are considered acceptable spellings, though some may be passionate one way or the other.

Kind of like life, some people may find one thing acceptable while another is passionate about the other.

My husband has been in a season of grey areas lately. He knows what he believes to be right and what the Lord lays out as right, but is running up against others running in a grey area and influencing and encouraging him to do the same. The most evident place this is happening is in his work environment. A place where the world and number crunchers put a premium on success at all cost and where grey seems to be the color of choice as long as the desired results come through.

Well today, that grey turned crystal clear! Much like Daniel, in chapter one refused to cross a line and partake of Nebuchadnezzar's world, Kevin has taken a stand. This may cost him his job in the long run, but we are trusting that God will provide and bless Kevin for choosing to honor God instead of the world. And you know what? I am thrilled! I am thrilled that my husband is choosing to honor God and I love him and support him more than ever because he is trusting the ONE who is worth trusting!

So how do you spell grey and are you willing to stand for what you are called to or will you be influenced by how others "spell"?

2 comments:

  1. I too spell it grey. :) As for taking a stand, I'd like to think that I stand up for God's way, but sometimes I wonder if my faith would be strong enough in really hard times. I suppose that is something to pray for in and of itself.

    My prayers are still with you guys in Kevin's job situation. Praying for God's will and His plan in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have many choices in life - even when it comes to spelling : ) Will be praying for you Kevin (I see that you are a follower on this blog so I'm talking to you, and anyone else who needs a pick me up). Continue to take a stand in all aspects of your life. If you always choose the higher road everything will begin to come back together for you. Will it be easy? No, we are meant to learn through our struggles. So, be strong and take care of yourself. With God's help you will become the husband, dad, and brother in-law He intended you to be : ) "I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

    ReplyDelete