Monday, January 4, 2010

Stay fresh seal

I was handing my 3 year old a couple of these,
when I noticed the phrase at the top...

"Resealable for your lifestyle"

Resealable for my lifestyle? What in the world do they know about my lifestyle? Then of course my brain starts spinning and going down rabbit trails and ends at, God doesn't want my life to be resealed He wants me to be open and pouring out, just like He is.

How many times a day do I start to let out a little kindness or compassion and then quickly "seal it" back up because I don't have extra time or want to be inconvenienced? Do I do it to save and preserve my freshness? No, I do it because I'm selfish. Because I have a perceived agenda and that's not always on it.

There are so many people that need me to be open and pouring out. Not because I have something great to offer them, but HE does! People right in my own house, in my sphere of influence and those I may not even know.

Do I want to stay "fresh"? Absolutely...but not at the cost of being disobedient to Him and the call to share His love and grace with others.
"And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit whom he has given us." Romans 5:5

I don't know about you, but I never feel as fresh and full as when I'm pouring Him out to others. Today I chose to open my seal!

3 comments:

  1. Amen! Wonderful insight, Tori. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that a lot of times I close myself off to people because they are disinterested in me or my feelings. But your post is a good reminder to me to put my hurt feelings aside and open my heart anyway.

    ReplyDelete